Pirated Mac Apps Contain Malware, and iMessage Support on Windows (Sort of)
Episode 281 · March 2nd, 2023 · 31 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
Mac malware is again found in pirated applications, LastPass was hacked via an employee's home computer running Plex, and hackers may be able to get into a bank account with an AI-generated voice. Microsoft makes a step toward supporting iMessage on Windows, and we look at a new Nokia phone that is easily repairable.
- Evasive cryptojacking malware targeting macOS found lurking in pirated applications
- Report: 10% of American Adults Viewed Content Illegally in 2022
- LastPass says employee’s home computer was hacked via Plex; corporate vault taken
- Streaming service Plex unaware ‘of any unpatched vulnerabilities’ following LastPass report
- LastPass password manager suffers massive data breach
- Episode 273: LastPass, TikTok, Phishing, and the Year in Apple Security and Privacy
- How I Broke Into a Bank Account With an AI-Generated Voice
- Hackers use ChatGPT phishing websites to infect users with malware
- Microsoft Announces iMessage Support on Windows (With Several Limitations)
- HMD’s latest Nokia phone is designed to be repaired in minutes
Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 is the ultimate protection and utility suite for your Mac. Download a free trial now at intego.com, and use this link for a special discount when you're ready to buy.