How secure are your passwords and other data in the cloud? We discuss how Apple's iCloud Keychain works, and whether you can trust it. In the news, we look at the "Right to Repair" bill in California, and discuss whether iTunes is going away. (Spoiler: no.)
- California to Introduce 'Right to Repair' Bill Requiring Smartphone Manufacturers to Offer Repair Info and Parts
- iFixit Repair Manifesto
- Kirk's experiment adding a hybrid drive to a Mac mini in 2010
- Apple confirms it will stop taking iTunes LP submissions as of this month
- ‘End of iTunes?’: Leaked Apple email sparks fears over future of music downloads
- Mac and iOS Keychain Tutorial: How Apple’s iCloud Keychain Works
- Episode 6: Passwords Are Hard
- Cypher Suite (Wikipedia)
- iCloud security overview
- Is Using FileVault Encryption in macOS Good Enough?
- How to Encrypt and Password Protect Files on Your Mac
Get 60% off Intego's Mac Premium Bundle X9 with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download now and try it for free at intego.com.