Does the Log4j Vulnerability Affect You?
Episode 218 · December 16th, 2021 · 27 mins 33 secs
About this Episode
The Log4j vulnerability is making the news, and we discuss what it is and who should worry. We look at Apple's new feature to detect nude photos in children's messages, and we discuss the potential demise of the NSO Group.
- Apple releases macOS 12.1, iOS 15.2, watchOS 8.3 and more
- Apple: About communication safety in Messages
- Apple Removes All References to Controversial CSAM Scanning Feature From Its Child Safety Webpage
- Apple Releases 'Tracker Detect' App to Prevent Android Users From Being Tracked by AirTags
- U.S. lawmakers call for sanctions against Israel's NSO, spyware firms
- After US ban and Apple action, Pegasus spyware maker NSO running out of cash
- ‘The Internet Is on Fire’ - A vulnerability in the Log4j logging framework has security teams scrambling to put in a fix.
- CISA tells federal agencies to patch Log4Shell before Christmas
- “Exploits of a Mom” (Little Bobby Tables) XKCD comic
- Apple patches Log4Shell iCloud vulnerability, described as most critical in a decade
Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 is the ultimate protection and utility suite for your Mac. Download a free trial now at intego.com, and use this link for a special discount when you're ready to buy.