We take a close look at smart home technology and Apple's HomeKit, and also discuss why Vladimir Putin is still using Windows XP, another Ring camera issue, some password problems, and a new Intel vulnerability called Plundervolt.
- Vladimir Putin 'still uses obsolete Windows XP' despite hacking risk
- She installed a Ring camera in her children’s room for ‘peace of mind.’ A hacker accessed it and harassed her 8-year-old daughter.
- Thousands of students in Germany queue for email access
- Plundervolt – newly found Intel vulnerability stealing secrets by starving your computer of voltage
- Amazon, Apple, Google, Zigbee Alliance and board members form working group to develop open standard for smart home devices
- Use Apple HomeKit to Automate Your Home and Keep It Secure (Kirk's article)
- NetAtmo Weather Station
- Dyson Pure Cool fan and air purifier
- NetGear Arlo Pro cameras
- Philips Hue lights
- Casper Glow lights
- The chain of trust in Apple’s devices
- Use HomeKit Secure Video
Get 40% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.