Apple's two-factor authentication system sets up a chain of trust from one device to another. By ensuring your identity on one device, that device can then authenticate you on another device, and provide you with enhanced features, such as an Apple Watch unlocking a Mac, or an iPhone authorizing Apple Pay on a Mac. Understanding this chain of trust helps you better understand how Apple protects you.
- The Chain of Trust in Apple Devices (The Mac Security Blog)
- Chain of trust (Wikipedia)
- Episode 52: Was the Big Hack Really Big?
- Certificate authority (Wikipedia)
- Use Your Apple Watch to Unlock Your Mac and Authenticate
- About the Apple T2 Security Chip
CyberGhost VPN is the best personal VPN solution, that works seamlessly with your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and other devices. Pricing this good doesn't happen very often. On Black Friday or Cyber Monday, get up to 79% off. Pricing this good doesn't happen very often! Use this special link to save up to 79% on CyberGhost VPN to fortify your online privacy. Don't wait! This special offer is valid from today (Black Friday), through December 4th, 2019. *Note: 79% discount is based on U.S. pricing; exact percentage of discount varies by currency.