Apple discovered an embarrassing bug on December 2, and had to rush out a hurried update to fix it. We discuss this, look at the best way to back up iOS devices, and explain a change that Apple has made to iOS that trades security for convenience.
- Early reports about the December 2 bug
- Apple support document about the December 2 crash
- Intego Mac Podcast, Episode 8: I Have Root
- “I Am Root”: A Retrospective on a Severe Mac Vulnerability
- Apple Releases macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra, iOS 11.2 and More with Security Fixes
- Should You Back Up Your iOS Device to iCloud or iTunes?
- What does iCloud back up?
- Apple, stop being stingy with the iCloud storage
- Time Machine Basics: How To Keep Your Data Backed Up
- iOS 11 Encrypted Backup Change Reduces Security, Boosts Data Safety
- Intego Podcast, Episode 6: Passwords Are Hard (correcthorsebatterystaple)
- iOS 11 Horror Story: the Rise and Fall of iOS Security (Elcomsoft)
- Public-key cryptography (Wikipedia)
Get 50% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.