Lots of people have turned to Zoom to stay in touch with friends and family, and to work from home, but this software has had a huge number of security issues. We discuss these and how this trend shows poor attention to security and privacy in this software.
- Episode 92: Zoom Zero-Day, and Unmasking Mac Malware Makers
- Apple pushed a silent MRT update to remove hidden Zoom web server
- “Zoom Stock” Confusion Causes Investors to Put Stock in Wrong Company
- Zoom iOS App Sends Data to Facebook Even if You Don’t Have a Facebook Account
- Zoom Updates iOS App to Stop Sending Data to Facebook
- Zoom Removes Code That Sends Data to Facebook
- Zoom Meetings Do Not Support End-to-End Encryption
- Zoom is Leaking Peoples' Email Addresses and Photos to Strangers
- Intruders are hijacking Zoom calls with noise and gross images — here’s how to avoid becoming a victim of ‘zoombombing’
- The 'S' in Zoom, Stands for Security: uncovering (local) security flaws in Zoom's latest macOS client
- Ex-NSA hacker drops new zero-day doom for Zoom
- Ex-NSA hacker finds new Zoom flaws to takeover Macs again, including webcam, mic, and root access
- Zoom announces 90-day feature freeze to fix privacy and security issues
- A Message to Our Users
Get 40% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.