It's been a busy week for security vulnerabilities. ZombieLoad affects all recent Intel processors, and Apple has issued a fix for it. A serious WhatsApp vulnerability made the evening news because it was so dangerous. And Google and Microsoft had a few issues as well.
- WhatsApp exploit let attackers install government-grade spyware on phones
- Facebook's brief explanation of the WhatsApp vulnerability
- You probably weren’t a target of the WhatsApp surveillance hack
- Buffer overflow (Wikipedia)
- Remote code execution, or arbitrary code execution (Wikipedia)
- Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (Wikipedia)
- Microsoft Issues Urgent Fix For Windows In First XP Patch Since WannaCry
- Titan-ic disaster: Bluetooth blunder sinks Google's 2FA keys, free replacements offered
- Apple security updates
- Episode 13: Is My Computer's CPU Secure? (discussion of Meltdown and Spectre)
- Additional mitigations for speculative execution vulnerabilities in Intel CPUs
- How to enable full mitigation for Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerabilities
- SGX enclaves
Get 50% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.