The Year in Mac and iOS Security
Episode 63 · December 28th, 2018 · 30 mins 18 secs
About this Episode
We look at the biggest stories of 2018, and we discuss the impressive rise in the amount of malware that targets the Mac.
- The Year of the RAT
- Unwanted cryptocurrency miner in App Store
- Calisto (fake Intego software)
- Lazarus (advanced persistent threat)
- Meltdown, Spectre, and speculative execution flaws
- Cellebrite and GrayKey can reportedly unlock any iOS device
- Apple introduced USB restricted mode
- Is Your Smart Speaker Spying on You?
- Fake Alexa setup app is topping Apple's App Store charts
- How to Easily Remove Old Tweets and Facebook Posts
- Protect Your Kids on iOS Devices with Parental Controls
- How to Use Screen Time in iOS 12 to Track Your Device Usage
- New Security and Privacy Features in iOS 12
- New Security Features in macOS Mojave
- Google Authenticator
Get 50% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.