Phishing Hackers Defeat 2FA via Man-in-the-Middle Attacks
Episode 283 · March 16th, 2023 · 27 mins 9 secs
About this Episode
Apple has finally stopped selling the Apple Watch Series 3, which can no longer get security updates. The FBI shuts down 11-year old malware. And a $300 hacking tool enables phishers to defeat two-factor authentication using automated man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Apple stops selling Watch Series 3 — eight months after its last security update
- GarageBand Security Update Details Finally Released
- Microsoft Announces Outlook for Mac is Now Free to Use
- FBI shuts down 11-year-old NetWire RAT malware
- An Analysis of the Cross-Platform Backdoor OSX/NetWeirdRC
- Mac malware on the rise again; several new threats found: Netwire, Mokes, LoudMiner, NewTab
- Ransomware Group Claims Hack of Amazon's Ring
- Using authenticator apps for MFA? Software for sale can hack you anyway
- Josh's 2010–2011 blog posts mentioning Firesheep
- Firesheep (Wikipedia)
Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 is the ultimate protection and utility suite for your Mac. Download a free trial now at intego.com, and use this link for a special discount when you're ready to buy.