Car Hacks, Facebook Tracks, and Windows on Macs
Episode 253 · August 18th, 2022 · 27 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
We look at another car hack, this time when a security researcher found the private key for Hyundai updates through a Google search. We also explain how Facebook tracks you, even when you don't allow it, and another, even easier way to run Windows on a Mac -- at a cost. Finally, we look at how a security journalist got fooled by a phishing scam.
- Meta injecting code into websites to track its users, research says
- Man jailed for stalking ex-girlfriend with an AirTag
- Blogger finds private key to sign Hyundai car software updates… by Googling it
- DHS warns Emergency Alert System is potentially vulnerable to hacking
- Sounding the Alarm on Emergency Alert System Flaws
- Install Windows on a Mac with Apple M-series chip in Parallels Desktop
- How to Run Windows 11 for Free on an M1 or M2 Mac
- I’m a security reporter and got fooled by a blatant phish
- Apple Patches Two Actively Exploited Vulns in Monterey 12.5.1, iOS and iPadOS 15.6.1
Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 is the ultimate protection and utility suite for your Mac. Download a free trial now at intego.com, and use this link for a special discount when you're ready to buy.