Is Apple Planning to Lock Down the Mac?
Episode 213 · November 11th, 2021 · 28 mins 35 secs
About this Episode
There is still new malware pretending to be Flash Player updates, even though Flash is dead; Facebook said they were ditching their facial recognition program, but has done an about face; and we discuss whether Apple is on a path to lock down the Mac to only allow apps to be installed from the Mac App Store. (Math correction: at one point I said $200 million; the correct number is $2 billion.)
- Highlights of Recent Mac Malware
- Meta [Facebook] will continue to use of facial recognition technology after all
- Meta will continue to use facial recognition technology, actually
- moe.: Meat
- Apple Business Essentials
- Apple's Craig Federighi Says Sideloading on iPhone Would Open the Floodgates to Malware
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: “If you want to sideload, you can buy an Android phone.”
- Audio Hijack
Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 is the ultimate protection and utility suite for your Mac. Download a free trial now at intego.com, and use this link for a special discount when you're ready to buy.