We mention the term "botnet" from time to time, but what exactly is a botnet? How does it work? Is it self-aware? Can botnets be taken down? We look into this, and discuss the week's security news.
- Fire & Ice: Making and Breaking macOS Firewalls
- 'Synthetic Click' attack re-emerges in macOS High Sierra at Defcon
- Fax Machines Are Still Everywhere, and Wildly Insecure
- Exclusive: HP Leaves Mac Users Vulnerable to Fax Hacks
- HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution
- Denial-of-service attack (Wikipedia)
- Steganography (Wikipedia)
- Homeland, Episode 9 recap (contains spoilers)
- iWorm Botnet Uses Reddit and Command and Control Center
- Flashback Botnet is Adrift
- Why the Flashback Botnet is a Threat
- Viruses, Worms and Spyware--Yikes! A Look at Malware Terminology
- Intego Security Memo: Trojan Horse OSX/Koobface.A Affects Mac OS X Mac – Koobface Variant Spreads via Facebook, Twitter and More
- Should You Worry About People Hacking Toilets?
Get 60% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.