We discuss Apple's HomePod, and the security implications of having an AI listening to you all the time. We also cover news about the Chrome browser's new built-in ad blocker, a text message bug that affects Apple devices (and is now fixed), and an interesting new chip in Apple's iMac Pro.
- Google turns on default adblocker within Chrome
- This new text bomb crashes most Mac and iOS apps with a single Unicode symbol (Note that Apple released security updates for all its operating systems a few days after we recorded this episode.)
- Apple’s New iMac Pro Delivers Enhanced Security with the T2 Chip
- Microsoft tightens Windows 10's Secure Boot screws: Where does that leave Linux?
- Apple HomePod Review: Superior Sound, but Limited by Siri
- Episode 11: Handcuffs Made of Tissue Paper (discussion of differential privacy)
Get 60% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.