We look at the year in Mac security 2017, and discuss the rise in malware. And we discuss the best strategies for backing up your Mac. But first, Kirk tells about how his website was (sort of) hacked.
- NameCheap Name Server Vulnerability Allows Unauthorized Users to Create Sub-Domains
- Subdomain (Wikipedia)
- DNS - Domain Name System (Wikipedia)
- Registrar Namecheap let miscreants slap spam, malware on unlucky customers' web domains
- A Look Back at the Top Mac Security Stories of 2017
- Smashing Security podcast, episode 64: 64: So just a "teeny tiny" security issue then?
- Macro virus (Wikipedia)
- Intego Mac Podcast, episode 16: Malware and Security Lingo: What Do Those Words Mean?
- All the articles on the Intego Mac Security Blog about Adobe Flash vulnerabilities. (There's lots.)
- Intego Personal Backup
- How to Set up Your Own Time Machine Server
- 4 Types of Backup Hard Drives for Mac
Get 60% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.