What's a VPN, and Why Should You Use One?
About This Episode
After a brief discussion of the week's news, we look at VPNs, virtual private networks. We explain how they work, and when and why you might want to use one.
Note that Apple released fixes for the Messages bug and some other issues we discuss on January 23, the day before this episode was published.
- ¡Ay, MaMi! New DNS-Hijacking Mac Malware Discovered (Updated)
- How the Anti-Malware Function in Apple’s Snow Leopard Works (This article explains Apple's XProtect, when it was first introduced.)
- Why Your Antivirus Needs Real-Time Scanning
- Test pop-up windows
- Malicious Link Texted to Mac and iOS Devices Can Cause Freezes and Resprings (Updated)
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Power Management Feature in Older iPhones Will Be Able to Be Turned Off in Future Update
- We Don't Need No Stinkin' Battery Features - Apple Releases iOS 11.2.5 Public Beta 6
- How to Remove Wi-Fi Networks from Your Mac and iOS Device
- Why You Should Connect to a VPN on Mac and iOS — and How To
- This Home VPN Router Setup Protects Your Traffic Wherever You Are
- The Joshmeister's Lost Blog and Podcast