Is My Computer's CPU Secure?
About This Episode
Meltdown and Spectre; two vulnerabilities that affect the majority of computers and portable devices in circulation, need software and perhaps hardware fixes to be secure. Josh discuss an interview he conducted with a security researcher on some particularly malicious adware/malware. We also answer some reader email, and explain what "hashing" is.
- Meltdown and Spectre: What Apple Users Need to Know
- CERT: Only way to fix Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities is to replace CPU (Update: CERT backtracks)
- Hash function (Wikipedia)
- Episode 6, Passwords Are Hard
- Intego Interviews: Amit Serper on OSX.Pirrit Adware/Malware
- About speculative execution vulnerabilities in ARM-based and Intel CPUs
- Assembly language (Wikipedia)
Get 50% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, with the code INTEGOPODCAST. Download Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.