If you got a new Mac for the holidays, there are a number of settings you can adjust to enhance its security and privacy. We discuss eight tips to make your Mac stronger. We also look at some news, with Ring's reaction to the claims that they were compromised, Apple pulling an app from the App Store for spying on users, and Apple's new bug bounty program.
- Boxing Day (Wikipedia)
- Ring’s Services Have Not Been Compromised – Here’s What You Need to Know
- Top websites keep letting people use weak passwords like 111111, and it’s a major security risk
- Hash function (Wikipedia)
- Apple Pulls Emirati Chat App 'ToTok' From App Store for Allegedly Spying on Users
- Apple officially launches Apple Security Bounty program
- Apple Platform Security guide - Fall 2019
- 8 Mac security and privacy features to set up right away
- How to Encrypt and Password Protect Files on Your Mac
- Data Backup Plan: How to Implement the 3-2-1 Backup Strategy
- How to Lock Your Mac Screen and Protect It from Prying Eyes
- Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer
Get 40% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.